Crossroads Bible Church (Gulfport, Miss.) Records, 1955-1971
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: Bulletins, clippings from the Gospel Herald and other miscellaneous records from a Mennonite congregation affiliated with the South Central Mennonite Conference.
Held at:
Mennonite Church USA Archives
3145 Benham Ave, Ste. 1
Elkhart, IN 46517
Phone: 574-523-3080
Email: JasonK [at] MennoniteUSA.org
Record Series Number: III/24-01
Created by: Crossroads Bible Church (Gulfport, Miss.)
Volume: 0.7 Linear Feet
Arrangement: Flat
Biographical Note for Crossroads Bible Church (Gulfport, Miss.) : Crossroads Bible Church (Mennonite Church), until 1957 called Wayside Mennonite Church, four miles north of Gulfport, Mississippi, is a member of the South Central Mennonite Conference. The congregation was organized 13 May 1948, with Edward J. Miller as pastor, who was still serving in 1958. The members are largely natives of South Mississippi. In the spring of 1945 a Civilian Public Service (CPS) camp was established in the area of Gulfport, the men of which assisted in a union Sunday school in the camp church. In the fall of 1947 J. W. Hess held revival meetings at the Gulfhaven church. In just a little more than a year from the time the first members were baptized, a building was erected and a pastor placed in charge of a growing congregation, which in 1958 numbered 25 members.
Access Restrictions: These materials are open for public research.
Subject Index
Crossroads Bible Church (Gulfport, Miss.)
Mennonites - Mississippi
Languages of Materials
English [eng]
Rights/Use Restrictions: Researchers are responsible for using in accordance with 17 U.S.C. Copyright not owned by the Mennonite Church USA Archives.
PreferredCitation: Crossroads Bible Church (Gulfport, Miss.) Records, 1955-1971.  III-24-01.  Mennonite Church USA Archives. Elkhart, Indiana.