Harris Hill Mennonite Church (Williamsville, N.Y.) Records, 1937-2012
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description:

Records of a Mennonite congregation in upstate New York affiliated with the (old) Mennonite Church and later Mennonite Church USA.  Materials include bulletins, Sunday and Bible school records, minutes from congregational and board meetings, directories, and other miscellaneous records.

Researchers should note that the records are incomplete.

Held at:
Mennonite Church USA Archives
3145 Benham Ave, Ste. 1
Elkhart, IN 46517
Phone: 574-523-3080
Email: JasonK [at] MennoniteUSA.org
Record Series Number: III/32-10
Created by: Harris Hill Mennonite Church (Williamsville, N.Y.)
Volume: 3.0 Linear Feet
Acquired: 11/07/2012.
Arrangement: Flat
Biographical Note for Harris Hill Mennonite Church (Williamsville, N.Y.) :

This congregation, affiliated with the (old) Mennonite Church and later Mennonite Church USA, appears to have begun as a mission church in the late 1930s in the Buffalo, N. Y. region.  Known as Harding Avenue Mennonite Church, it existed as an unincorporated church until 1969, when it took the name Mennonite Church of Amherst,  New York. 

In the early 1980s, the congregation changed its name to Harris Hill Mennonite Fellowship and appears to have moved from Amherst to Williamsville. 

The congregation dissolved in 2011.

Access Restrictions: These materials are open for public research.
Subject Index
Harris Hill Mennonite Church (Williamsville, N. Y.)
Mennonites - New York
Genres/Forms of Material
Church records and registers
Languages of Materials
English [eng]
Rights/Use Restrictions: Researchers are responsible for using in accordance with 17 U.S.C. Copyright owned by the Mennonite Church USA Archives.
Acquisition Notes: Harris Hill Mennonite Church / Paul Lehman, Acc. 2013-013
PreferredCitation: Harris Hill Mennonite Church (Williamsville, N.Y.) Records, 1937-2009.  III-32-10.  Mennonite Church USA Archives. Elkhart, Indiana.