Intercollegiate Peace Fellowship Records, 1954-1969
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: The collection includes correspondence, meeting minutes, newsletters, information about annual conferences, and a small collection of pamphlets on race relations.
Held at:
Mennonite Church USA Archives
3145 Benham Ave, Ste. 1
Elkhart, IN 46517
Phone: 574-523-3080
Email: JasonK [at] MennoniteUSA.org
Record Series Number: X/033-01
Created by: Intercollegiate Peace Fellowship
Volume: 0.7 Linear Feet
Arrangement: Flat
Biographical Note for Intercollegiate Peace Fellowship :

According its 1953 constitution, the Intercollegiate Peace Fellowship of Mennonite and Affiliated Colleges was founded to "promote the cause of biblical nonresistance by providing various channels for sharing ideas among the colege peace groups."  Membership extends to all Mennonite and Affiliated College peace organizations.  The Fellowship was originally founded at Goshen College (Goshen, Ind.), but now maintains a presence in Akron, Penn.

The Fellowship published a newsletter, entitled Peace Notes, and organized annual conferences for students.  The Fellowship is unrelated to the Intercollegiate Peace Association, which sponsored an annual oration contest.

Subject Index
Intercollegiate Peace Fellowship
Genres/Forms of Material
Correspondence
Languages of Materials
English [eng]
PreferredCitation: Intercollegiate Peace Fellowship Records, 1954-1969. X-033-01. Mennonite Church USA Archives. Elkhart, Indiana.