Browse: All Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Mennonite Board of Missions. Human Resources | Mennonite Archival Commons

Name: Mennonite Board of Missions. Human Resources


Historical Note:

This department was known as the Personnel Department from 1953-1999.  The first committee to work directly with personnel of the Mennonite Board of Missions was the Mission Committee, 1906-47.  Those records are found in Series IV-6-1.  In 1999, the department's name was changed from Personnel Department to Human Resources.

The Mennonite Board of Mission's Personnel Committee appears to have been formed in 1953.  Members at the first meeting of June 15, 1953, held at Harrisonburg, Virginia were John H. Mosemann as Chairman, Chester K. Lehman as Secretary, Harold A. Zehr, Paul Mininger, John L. Horst and Milo Kauffman.  The staff person responsible for personnel at that time seemed to have been J. D. Graber, who may have already added in this capacity at the Mission Board already since 1946.

By 1962, the members of this Personnel Committee were Paul Mininger, Don Augsburger, John Lapp, B. Charles Hostetter and John Drescher.  The staff member was Dorsa J. Mishler whose title was Personnel Secretary.  Other persons who served included John E. Lehman, Director of Personnel Recruitment.  At that time there was also a separate Personnel Director, James Mininger, for the Healthy and Welfare Department.

In 1982, the members of this Committee included Glen E. Miller, Howard Charles, Eldon King, Arlie Weaver, Gerald Good and Edward Stoltzfus.  The staff member was Dale Schumm, who acted as Recorder for the Committee's meetings as well as the Director of Personnel for the Mission Board.  Other staff person included Maynard Kurtz as Personnel Counselor.






Page Generated in: 0.079 seconds (using 109 queries).
Using 6.53MB of memory. (Peak of 6.61MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-2.1
Copyright ©2012 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Hosted by LibraryHost