Browse: All Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Albany Mennonite Church (Albany, Or.) | Mennonite Archival Commons

Name: Albany Mennonite Church (Albany, Or.)


Historical Note: The Albany Mennonite Church is a member of the Pacific Northwest Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA). This congregation had its beginning in 1898 when several Mennonite families began to meet in schools to worship. Later they obtained a small rural building known as the Geisendorfer church. Here the congregation was organized by Bishop David Garber of Idaho in 1899. John P. Bontrager served this congregation almost continuously from its beginning, first as pastor and later as bishop after he moved to California. In 1999 the congregation merged with the Bethany Mennonite Church. Its membership in 2006 was approximately 140.
Sources: Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online





Page Generated in: 0.07 seconds (using 115 queries).
Using 6.53MB of memory. (Peak of 6.6MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-2.1
Copyright ©2012 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Hosted by LibraryHost