Browse: All Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Grace Mennonite Church (Albany, Or.) | Mennonite Archival Commons

Name: Grace Mennonite Church (Albany, Or.)


Historical Note: Grace Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), located in Albany, Linn County, Oregon, a member of the Pacific District Conference, was organized 29 June 1931 with 21 charter members, led by John M. Franz, P. R. Aeschliman, and A. J. Neuenschwander. The membership of 117 in 1954 worshiped in a frame meetinghouse which had previously been a Presbyterian church. Ministers who served the congregation included W. Harley King, William Augsburger, John M. Franz, P. A. Kliewer, Henry U. Dalke, E. J. Peters, and Herbert King. The Pacific Conference held its session here in 1947.  Dissension within the congregation in the 1950s led to the departure of many members. On 10 November 1968 the congregation of 57 members disbanded. The majority joined the Evangelical Church of North America.
Sources:

Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online

Lind, Hope Kauffman. Apart & Together: Mennonites in Oregon and Neighboring States, 1876-1976. Scottdale, Pa.: Herald Press, 1990: 156-157.






Page Generated in: 0.072 seconds (using 109 queries).
Using 6.52MB of memory. (Peak of 6.59MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-2.1
Copyright ©2012 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Hosted by LibraryHost