Browse: All Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Hopewell Mennonite Church (Hubbard, Or.) | Mennonite Archival Commons

Name: Hopewell Mennonite Church (Hubbard, Or.)


Historical Note: Hopewell Mennonite Church, located near Hubbard, Marion County, Oregon, formerly a member of the Pacific Coast Conference, was organized in the fall of 1899 by George R. Brunk, a minister of the Kansas-Nebraska Conference. J. D. Mishler, then of Eugene, Oregon, was the first bishop. The membership in 1953 was 56. The meetinghouse at the time, the second built on the same site, was a frame structure with a seating capacity of 200. Ministers serving this congregation in 1954 were N. L. Hershberger, James Bucher, and Jacob Roth; O. W. King was the deacon.  The congregation withdrew from the Pacific District Conference in 1967 and has been independent since then. Its membership in 2008 was 80; Jake Kropf was the bishop.
Sources: Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online





Page Generated in: 0.093 seconds (using 109 queries).
Using 6.52MB of memory. (Peak of 6.59MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-2.1
Copyright ©2012 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Hosted by LibraryHost