Browse: All Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Firdale Mennonite Church (Airdale, Or.) | Mennonite Archival Commons

Name: Firdale Mennonite Church (Airdale, Or.)


Historical Note: Firdale Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), now extinct, near Airlie, in southern Polk County, southwest of Salem, Oregon, was organized under the Pacific Coast Mennonite Conference. Mennonite families moved into the area in the fall of 1913. Their first religious service was held in October 1914, with an attendance of 35. Soon after this, the group began meeting at the Berry schoolhouse, where they met until the church was disbanded. The congregation was listed as a rural mission station of the Pacific Coast Conference from October 1914 until its organization as a church in December 1915, when the name Firdale was chosen. In 1916 G. D. Shenk was ordained minister of the church. At one time the membership reached 68, but poor soil conditions caused the members to move away. The last service was held in September 1924.
Sources: Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online





Page Generated in: 0.07 seconds (using 115 queries).
Using 6.52MB of memory. (Peak of 6.59MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-2.1
Copyright ©2012 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Hosted by LibraryHost