Browse: All Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Nampa Mennonite Church (Nampa, ID) | Mennonite Archival Commons

Name: Nampa Mennonite Church (Nampa, ID)


Historical Note: Filer Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located at 109 Fifth Street, Filer, Idaho, a member of the Pacific Northwest Mennonite Conference Pacific Coast Conference, was organized on 31 January 1914 with 22 charter members, and with David Hilty as bishop, Samuel Honderich as minister, and Chris Snyder as deacon. In 1955 the membership was 106. The first church was dedicated on 19 September 1915, enlarged in 1953. The 1954 ministerial body was E. S. Garber, bishop; Samuel Honderich and Louis Landis, ministers; Joe E. Slatter, deacon. The General Conference Mennonites organized a congregation here in 1955 with 19 members.
Sources: Honderich, Samuel R. "Filer Mennonite Church (Filer, Idaho, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online 1956. Web. 12 Nov 2013.





Page Generated in: 0.124 seconds (using 109 queries).
Using 6.52MB of memory. (Peak of 6.59MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-2.1
Copyright ©2012 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Hosted by LibraryHost