Browse: All Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Mennonite General Conference. Mennonite Church Buildings, Inc. | Mennonite Archival Commons

Name: Mennonite General Conference. Mennonite Church Buildings, Inc.


Historical Note: Mennonite Church Buildings, Inc., a nonprofit corporation formed in 1956 as a subsidiary of Mennonite Mutual Aid, a standing committee of the Mennonite (MC) General Conference, to take over the assets of Mennonite Educational Buildings, Inc., and to continue its program of aiding in the financing of college buildings with the enlargement of scope to include all types of church buildings, such as meetinghouses and buildings for missions and publishing purposes. The initial officers were Abram Hallman (Akron, Pennsylvania) president, H. Ernest Bennett (Elkhart) vice-president, Harold L. Swartzendruber (Goshen) secretary-treasurer. Additional members of the board of directors were Melvin Lauver (Akron, Pennsylvania), Joseph Buzzard (Scottdale), William Yoder (Columbiana, Ohio), and Howard Mellinger (Sterling, Illinois).
Sources: Bender, Harold S. "Mennonite Church Buildings, Inc.." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 28 Jan 2014.
Note Author: Bender, Harold S.





Page Generated in: 0.106 seconds (using 109 queries).
Using 6.52MB of memory. (Peak of 6.59MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-2.1
Copyright ©2012 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Hosted by LibraryHost