Browse: All Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Intercollegiate Peace Fellowship | Mennonite Archival Commons

Name: Intercollegiate Peace Fellowship


Historical Note:

According its 1953 constitution, the Intercollegiate Peace Fellowship of Mennonite and Affiliated Colleges was founded to "promote the cause of biblical nonresistance by providing various channels for sharing ideas among the colege peace groups."  Membership extends to all Mennonite and Affiliated College peace organizations.  The Fellowship was originally founded at Goshen College (Goshen, Ind.), but now maintains a presence in Akron, Penn.

The Fellowship published a newsletter, entitled Peace Notes, and organized annual conferences for students.  The Fellowship is unrelated to the Intercollegiate Peace Association, which sponsored an annual oration contest.

Note Author: Colleen McFarland





Page Generated in: 0.068 seconds (using 109 queries).
Using 6.52MB of memory. (Peak of 6.59MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-2.1
Copyright ©2012 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Hosted by LibraryHost