Browse: All Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Goshen College. Pax Club | Mennonite Archival Commons

Name: Goshen College. Pax Club


Historical Note:

The Goshen College Pax Club was founded in 1935 as the Goshen College Peace Society under the leadership of Edward Yoder, Guy Hershberger, John Umble, and Mahlon Lapp.  Although originally conceived as an organization to foster peace research and scholarship, it became focused on educating members of the Goshen College community about peace issues.  Over time, the Peace Society began to undertake peace activism both on and off campus.

The organization underwent three name changes.  Founded as the Peace Society, its name was changed in the late 1980s or early 1990s to Students for Shalom.  By 1994, the organization had renamed itself the Pax Club.






Page Generated in: 0.105 seconds (using 127 queries).
Using 6.6MB of memory. (Peak of 6.67MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-2.1
Copyright ©2012 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Hosted by LibraryHost